Name of person (or preferred name)
黄泗福,舅舅
Photograph or Drawing of the Person
Person’s Favourite Hobby/Song/ Place/etc
舅舅 loved to work out (probably because he wanted to look good and he used to look super hunky!), buy golden/ yellow colour stuffs as they stand for 财运, buy 4D and pray that he would win.
I know 舅舅 liked an emo-sounding English love song, and I wanted to download for him to listen during his hospital stay but I couldn't remember what was the title. -_- But I believe he loved classic English songs of the 80s-90s?
舅舅 loved to go Thailand, and he went once a year at least. He loved going to temples and pray as well. He was probably one of the most devoted Buddhist/ Taoist I know.
舅舅's favourite persons were probably our family.
Quotes to Remember
舅舅's quotes were rather quirky. He would comment on my pimples or skin, and how he didn't like my mother's new dye in her hair. My favourite words from him were his loud, gentle and happy "谢谢"s whenever I gave him money since I started work or whenever I bought him souvenirs from abroad. The last I heard him said that was during Mother's Day dinner when I gave both him and my mother an angbao each, as I earnestly felt that he was as good as a parent to me. (I know he wouldn't accept if we arrange a dinner specially for him, so no choice but to make use of any chance I had!) I didn't know how else to thank him other than give him money amounting to what he thought was a lucky number so that it can bring him some happiness and let him know that we care for him even though he was staying alone.
What I appreciate about this person
I appreciate how 舅舅 had never ever scolded me although I had my misbehaviours (maybe he was not there to witness for himself :P). Although I thought he had some traditional traits in him, he was quite cool about me pole-dancing. I showed him photos and videos and he was really supportive. He also gave me opportunities to try out sales and didn't once reprimand or blame me when I did something wrong (I am pretty sure I did some stuffs wrong given my blur nature). He gave me rewards when I do well, and buy me meals whenever possible too. He remembered all of our ancestor's death anniversaries and was always in charge during our annual 清明 rituals. Next year would be different without you, but don't worry, we will maintain what you have handed over.
What this person appreciates about you
I guess, he most appreciated me giving him monthly allowance since I started work. It was not a matter of money, but also the fact that I cared for him as a family member and as a respected elder. He probably also appreciated my gifts for him from abroad. The last things I did for him, which I think he appreciated too, were to buy him a pair of socks when he was feeling cold in the hospital, put aloe vera gel on him and massage his limbs, prepare his meals for the wake, go through all the 7th days prayers and also go through 49 days of eating vegetarian to gain good deeds on his behalf. Given that I did not abide by his advice to go through some religious rites, to run that last lap was the least I could do for him. And I think he would be really appreciative of my efforts. But 舅舅,no need to thank me, because that is what I am supposed to do for you... for all that you had done for me.
Gifts I have received from this person (can be values, skills, or life lessons)
舅舅 would buy whatever that I request for- you name it, I got it. T-shirts, laptop, Naraya handbag, watches, food items, soft toys, health care products, money, etc. He also opened up his place for us to stay when we went through a family crisis. He was a role model of generosity too. Sometimes I felt that he was too generous, but maybe I was stingy to begin with, thus I always struggled with his generosity. But that was good as well, at least he challenged my world view with his actions. He was someone who persevere in his learning. He learnt sewing, modelling, Thai language, Japanese language, watch assembling, sales, etc. And it was through him that I experienced and learned that there are nice and gentle men in this world who cares for people around them. 舅舅 was a devoted son and took great care of my grandmother. He was a great uncle to me and my brothers. He was also a fantastic younger brother who cared a lot for my mother, his elder sister, in his own unique ways which we only discovered when he passed on. He was a man of few words, but of much actions.
Gifts I want to pass on to others (can be values, skills, or life lessons)
I would like to continue what 舅舅 would hope that I can continue- to care for my mother, 对家人多些宽容, and to remember to pray regularly. His passing allowed me to meet the people who appreciated his genuine sincerity and kindness towards others. And I want to do my part to pay back the kindness others gave him, especially when he was struggling with his health.
How I take care of myself when I miss this person too much
I will pray and hope that 舅舅 is in a better place now. I need to have faith that 舅舅 is in good hands of God. I will hug my pillow or have a warm cup of drink to comfort myself. I will cry and feel sad, but I will continue walking on and not be depressed. I will remind myself to continue to carry on what 舅舅 left behind.
What you want to say to this person now
舅舅,不要担心我们。我们会好好过,也会照顾妈妈。我会尽我的能力,和和气气和家人相处。也会把想买给你的东西转买给妈妈或哥哥们。你不要不舍得我们,能去快乐和舒服的地方就去吧。只要我们记得我们拥有的回忆, 就够了。你是个好儿子,好弟弟,好朋友,好舅舅。佛祖会保佑你的。你辛苦了,接下来的事就交给我们。你放心去你该去的地方吧。
What this person might say about you now
I really wish to know... but I guess I won't be able to know now. It is alright, because this is not just about me.
舅舅,你给我最大的礼物就是当了我的舅舅。谢谢你...

2 Kommentare:
*hug hugs*
*Hug hug*
Kommentar veröffentlichen