Donnerstag, Juli 21, 2016

我家舅舅。

The only positive adult figures I have are my grandmother, my mother and my uncle.
My grandmother set a good role model in staying calm no matter what happens. My mother set a good role model in being hardworking and responsible. My uncle set a good role model in being a caring man.
It is through him, that I learned that men can be nice and loving. It is through him, that I was introduced to interesting things like skittles, bubble tea and Thai food. He gave me pocket money when the family was going through crisis. He did not hesitate to buy me things when I asked for it. I remember fondly that he would hold my hand when I was younger and bring me and my brothers to the cinema occasionally.
Although we reduced contact since my grandmother passed on, we still had quality time through occasional meals together, and not forgetting Chinese New Year's mahjong time... every time I go overseas, I will buy something for him too.
I still have dried mangoes and two bars of soap, from Borocay, yet to be given... 舅舅,加油。

1 Kommentar:

xin|i hat gesagt…

*hugs*