Sonntag, Dezember 24, 2006

Sentimentality.

I have just received an email from Herr Sagemann, and boy am I touched! :')

Liebe Cindy,

wie geht es Dir? Ich hoffe Dir gefällt die deutsche Sprache noch. Das Wichtigste ist die Gesundheit....

Gesegnete Weihnachten und ein gutes neues Jahr
wuenschen Dir Wilfried, Hanna, Anna und Christoph

Also, natuerlich mag ich die deutsch Sprache noch! The days I've spent in Muenster is one of the memorable episodes of my life.

Anyway, I rushed out my letter (in the form of an email) for Family Sagemann within a few minutes because tomorrow's Christmas already! I hope they get my wishes as soon as possible, and I want to finish up the letter soon or else I will probably take my own sweet time again, thus delaying my well wishes.

I have been thinking a lot these days. (how many times have I said this?)

Recently, have been seeing friends for the last time before they go for their foreign exchanges. I know I sound pretty drama if I say this, but I have flashbacks of how I meet them, how we hanged out together in school, the days we shared together, etc.

Being the emotional me, I became a part-time tap.

Just now, I was writing some postcards to some old friends of mine. I realised that we have all drifted apart. In fact, for some of them, very. Sometimes, we are not even able to hold a proper MSN chat. A few lines, and that's about it. It seems disheartening, when you try to talk to an old friend (whom you always chat with in between classes) and all you get is a few lines from each other. I am not blaming everyone. I guess, it's all inevitable.

I used to say things like "We're best friends forever", "We'll meet up once in a while", etc. But in reality, all these promises may not last forever. I grew to realise that slowly.

I really miss the days that we've spent together, the postcards that we passed to each other, the bitching we had in between classes, the fun we made of our teachers and classmates, the hard work we put into our studies, the times when we cry together, the times when we sat down and talked about our dreams...

Especially for people who've provided me support at the most vulnerable periods of my life, I'm really really very thankful for you all to appear in my life. Be it a smile, a pat, a postcard, a reassuring comment, or even by remaining by my side. They've played a part in nurturing and guiding me.

Even if I seldom send you any smses or date you, I want to let you know that I still remember you and I really appreciate what you have done for me.

To all my loved ones and friends, I hereby wish you all a merry Christmas and a very satisfying and happy new year.

Love, Cindy

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Welcome back!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :D See you in German 6 :P !