Sonntag, Juni 28, 2009

Bread and butter #280 (Family Day!!!)

The series of Children June Holidays Programme have provided me good learning... as well as a better tan, haha! I was under the sun for almost EVERY outing! Bobian... can't possibly keep the children indoors, because exposure is what they will need and benefit from! Finally, the finale, Family Day (27th June, 11am-3pm)!

Planning and meetings started in May, with my volunteers and I meeting about once in two to three weeks. My volunteers came up with the station game ideas... inputs... more ideas... more inputs... and VRROOOOMMM! The day finally came!

I was glad for myself that I prepared well on Friday night. I ran through the programme mentally and checked through everything- it was an energy-zapping process, and I reached home only at about 2am.

family day vols

Of course, the Family Day wouldn't be a success without my volunteers who planned and executed the whole event... WC who came to help me sort out and pack the goodies for the families, FS who came to help me pack the door gifts for the residents, LX and EO who very willingly took up the leading roles, JY and JC who have been very encouraging, JX who has been very hardworking, and the rest who have been enthusiastic and of great help... Thanks to Benjamin, Lyn, Seok Ai, and laoban too for buying and carrying logistics with me, assisting me in taking and printing photos, engaging the clients, and going the distance specially to collect my photo frames respectively...a very big THANK YOU to all of you who contributed to the event in some way or another.

The programme passed very very quickly. Though I was busy tying up loose ends from the beginning till the end, I am very happy because I know that the families are having fun and quality time with their family members.

It's my first time planning and executing such a Family Day, and I'm glad that the clients have been forgiving towards some little little things that I may have missed out. =)

This time round, I'M HAPPY to have managed to pull in a few new volunteers too... thanks to BN's referral. To add on, about 8 residents came to collect the door gifts- I think this is not bad already, given that there is no prior rapport to begin with. Also, my first time initiating a family day planned and executed by volunteers... the idea was well-received and to quote LX, my objectives were achieved.

I'm really happy and relieved. =)

P/S: Knocked out at 8plus last night.

P/P/S: An old lady dropped by to collect a door gift... and her short chat with us touched me in a special way... Suddenly something just dawned upon me...

Keine Kommentare: