This is what Dr Sim pointed out to us during our PCC lectures. Today's "听" is with a mouth only, meaning listening is just talking? Social Work major or not, we all have to listen to others with our heart and also try to listen to what's not explicitly said, don't we?*
Call me kuku or what, I have (only recently) been awed by the spiritual connection of Alcoholic Anonymous with God. There's this "twelve steps" for members to work towards to, and I think they are really cool. Although I am generally a free-thinker, I do not deny the power of religion on inspiring people and motivating them towards positive change.
In addition, I found out about Al-Anon and Alateen a few days back when I was revising for my Gender. They are basically support groups set up for significant others and people who're affected by others' alcoholic addiction. (Correct me if I stated something wrong, as I only browsed through their websites and pamphlets.)
Anyway, I happened to read the "twelve steps" again due to the coverage of Addictions in Counselling, and I found a very detailed description of the twelve steps. Of course, I didn't read every word, but I thought it'll be cool to share!
Wah, more knowledge come come come. :D
2 Kommentare:
Hmm... I thought this looked familiar... Then I realised that I saw the same thing in my SC1101E textbook...
Just to share with you...
To quote it: "In classical script, listening is depicted as a process involving the eyes, the ears, and the heart. It implies that listening demands the utmost empathy and involves the whole person. In contrast, modern script depicts listening as something merely involves one person speaking and the other 'weighing' speech. Modern Chinese script has been rationalised. Has empathy been lost in the process?"
Hear hear... (no pun intended)
hey i learned about that chinese word's meaning in my Effective interpersonal communication module too~ i tink its real interesting, jus like some other chi words..tts y i like chi hah
-honey bunny
Kommentar veröffentlichen