Donnerstag, November 16, 2006

Of appreciation.

I am sure everyone loves to be acknowledged for their feelings, their efforts and most importantly, for their presence. Who wants to be treated like dirt?

I wrote a postcard for my German tutorial teacher because I thought she was really patient and it is obvious that she put in effort in every tutorial. I always feel that it's not easy teaching a language.

She said thank you so many times that I felt I was blushing already. She was so delighted that I wrote a postcard specially for her. On another level, I am also interpreting it as a delighted feeling that her efforts were recognized.

I really wonder how come some people can bring themselves to criticise teachers when they have put already in their effort to teach you. This is especially so for the language teachers because I personally feel that they are always having a hard time teaching us a brand new language.

I have heard criticisms of my teacher a few times and I don't find it very nice. If you think they're not doing a good job, perhaps you should try teaching a foreign language yourself before you judge if she is good enough. I don't believe in putting people down when I am not even excelling in the thing that he or she is not good at.

The same goes to our loved ones, who live together with us, endure our shit, do things for us, sacrifice themselves. Simple things like cooking a meal, washing clothes, boiling water, vacuuming and mopping the floor. Sometimes our mums do that so often that we thought that it's only natural for them to do those stuff. Bear in mind that they are not obliged to do so. They do those stuff because they love and care for us.

Don't take people's efforts for granted.

Keine Kommentare: