After test, I went straight to the canteen to eat Laksa with Kelly. When I first thought of Laksa, I thought of you, my dear ELAYNE!! And then I got reminded of the days when we'll go for lunch after German 2 class, eating Japanese food or Laksa, and (me) shamelessly putting my arm against my foot to see if they are really of the same length! Hope we can really have breakfast together this Sunday! :)
Okay, back to my food, I think it's those period of the year when I love to stuff myself with food (because I bought two pieces of fruits and then another chocolate waffle as my snack at 1pm). I felt a sense of euphoria after eating so much. SHUANG!
After that, I hiberated in the Library from 11-1pm, had a tea break, and then all the way to 7.20pm. I felt like an ice
I did my readings today.
Evidence #1:
Evidence #2:
Highlight until I highlighted my own hand. -_-
So anyway, after being in the big freezer for the whole day, naturally I am not in the best of moods. So yep, I might be snapping at people unknowingly again.
There is a reason behind each and every word and action of mine.
I don't disallow comments for no reason. I know that a lot of people won't be able to understand my point of view and that is why I disallow comments because there are times when I wish to complain and just let the issue go. This is, I agree, some sort of a stubborn act but I don't really care because I just want to ventilate. I am not very open-minded, to the extent of accepting whatever comments made about me.
Other than the times when I am in Social Work mode, I am just a normal girl who gets angry, upset, violent, happy, disgusted and bian tai. I am no angel. I am not obliged to perform the skills I learn from Social Work to the people around me. And even if I do, it's out of my own personal concern. Not because I study Social Work. So please don't ask me to practice empathy just because I am trained to do so.
Talk about applying what we learn? She...
-does not maintain proper eye contact --> poor attending skills
-has limited regard for other people --> lack of basic empathy
-says things as and when she feels like it --> lack of emotional control
-does not show her appreciation to other's efforts --> will have great difficulty applying Strengths' Perspective, which I find essential in Social Work field.
Alright. Vomitted all that out in a fit of anger. I am really angry. I mean, I got irritated because of a lot of reasons, not for nothing.
Do remember that I am still a human. I have my own problems, my own frustrations. Sometimes what I need is just a listening ear. "At times, however, the best support is simply being with the person and not saying a word." Extracted this line from Ivey and Ivey, one of my readings from SW3209.
Thank you for the comments but when I need silence, do grant me some too.