I headed Co-op at 9am to buy my SW3101 textbook. I found the second recommended book myself in less than 5 minutes. After searching for the first recommended book for around 15 minutes, I gave up and asked the staff to help me find it.
They searched for only a while and asked me to approach the customers service counter. At the counter, I met this middle aged woman who's a little bit too loud and rude. An exchange student who happened to buy a wrong book was sort of chided by her. Her tone was pretty critical and seemed to have the intention of putting down the student. I felt so disgusted with her.
Anyway, the customer service woman was very helpful by telling me that there were 5 copies of the book that I wanted and that the data in the computer might not be updated. Very helpful.
So, I rushed up to the library to grab a RBR copy of the book and compared that to the second recommended book. Knowing that I could bring the book downstairs, I quickly went back to Co-op and showed the book to a guy who's working at the books corner.
He gave me a huh look and questioned, " Are you sure this is a recommended text?
Hello, it's the FIRST recommended text lor!
He directed me to look for the book at the other end of the bookshop which shelves the old books. How helpful. I went there and found the book in less than 5 minutes.
They could have found the book for me and yet they choose not to find. I was just wondering the purpose of them being there. Aren't they supposed to help us find the books that we want? I don't work in that shop and how would I know where they place the different kinds of books?
It's not that I am expecting to receive help everytime I need help but since they're of not much use, why employ them? I see no point in their existence unless mindless arranging of books in the shop is important.
The girl at the new comic section was much more helpful than the two blur guys and the haughty customer service aunty.
Nevermind.
Grabbed a cup of yugurt icecream with Ming en. Child ego state. Hahaha! 
Oh by the way, there are three cups because one is for Serene. Rebecca, we miss you!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen