Montag, Januar 27, 2014

Me and Mr N :)

I know that I cannot ask for returns or recognition in my field of work, and I am still learning to understand and work around that idea, and to sustain my passion and belief by remembering the core purpose of why I'm doing what I'm doing.

So I look out for small things that keep me going. Today, an old boy gave me a bracelet he bought overseas when he went for a community service project. From the way he described, it sounded as if he put in a lot of thought into choosing it specially for me.

I seriously couldn't ask for more as my own brothers haven't been giving me gifts at all- so this is such a sweet act for me, especially when I see this boy grow up from an angsty and rash youth into a calm and thoughtful young man.

I didn't journey with him through his tough times, but I've been celebrating for him all the little milestones that he had since our mrt trip together for a football match. And boy, I am so proud of him. I am sure his mom will be very proud of him too. :')

This, I shall remember.

P/S: He said he wants to go Germany with me, and I told him if he could save up and if I were to be still alive, then we can explore this. Haha!

P/P/S: He asked me why I only visit my host parents after 8 years, and related with how I feel about visiting people overseas. Maybe, I should visit more often, as long as I'm spending within my means... I love how our kids make us reflect.

Keine Kommentare: