Mittwoch, Juni 20, 2012

When I obviously can't reject you...

It's been a long while since I've been critical about issues, due to my superbly tight schedule as well as my higher level of resilience (hahaha). But there's this weird trend going on in my life that I feel confused and clueless about... Why do people like to ask questions that are hard to say no to?

This is especially so for social gatherings. I seriously hate it when people ask me such questions:

"Can I bring along my boyfriend?"

"Can I bring along my sister?"

"Can I bring along a friend?"

I am not a jealous sadist woman who wants all my friends to be single or have no friends at all, but when I ask to meet you, I seriously want to meet JUST YOU.

I would be happy for my friends if they find themselves a wonderful partner, but I am not their mother-in-law and I don't have to meet their life partners. I am also not a kopitiam ah-soh who wishes to know everything, and I prefer to spend time only with people whom I love because my time is superbly precious. I have the right to choose who I want to spend my time with, don't I?

I may be a forthcoming person, but I am not rude. So if you ask me if you can bring along another person for a gathering, I probably will say OK to it. But if I have a choice, I definitely won't say yes.


Keine Kommentare: