Sonntag, März 25, 2012

Being Myself.

Many people talk about the importance of being yourself, and being genuine.

All along, I pride myself for being genuine. Even my friends and teacher (my favourite teacher, Mr Alex Tan) find me super genuine.

But I am starting to think that being genuine may not be the best way after all.

Yes, people may think that I do no harm and I won't do any harm to them. But I can't stop people from judging me. In this world, everyone judges in every context, every moment. And I have no say over what others think or say of me.

And when I try so hard to be genuine, yet people judge me and doubt my ability, I feel hurt and see no point in being genuine.

But I will continue to be genuine (this is the way I truly am), to the people who really cares and still embraces me despite all odds. I don't need people to point out my weaknesses or shortcomings. I just need people who care and are willing to journey with me, and perhaps sometimes give me a pat on my shoulder to just tell me that I am fine the way I am.

Keine Kommentare: