
"Using the groundbreaking process of plastination, BODY WORLDS makes public what was before only available to medical professionals. By showcasing nearly 200 real human specimens and more than 20 whole-body plastinates, visitors can better understand the intricacies, vulnerabilities and wonders of the human body...
The striking whole-body plastinates in BODY WORLDS - people who in their lifetime donated their bodies for plastination for the express purpose of educating future generations about health..." - http://www.bodyworlds.com.sg/
Process of Plastination: http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/plastination/method_plastination.html
NewCa.com: Body Worlds - Plastination Process - The best free videos are right here
The whole exhibition was educational and insightful. After examining each and every single piece of exhibit, I was in total fascination... I was touched by the selfless donation of the bodies, the hard work the scientists put into the plastination process and the effort of I'm-not-sure-who in putting all the exhibits in place. Really really admirable.
Whoever said that there will be a weird odour in the exhibition?! There isn't any weird odour. If there were to be any, then it must be from the smelly living human beings who came for the exhibition.
Anyway, I wonder if it's necessary to limit the audience of the exhibition. It was quite disturbing to see a toddler playing with the short glass panels that were surrounding an exhibit, with his parents trailing behind... and it was quite worrying to see the exhibits shake when a plump boy leaned against a full-length glass panel when there were "do not lean on exhibit casings" signs almost everywhere and I'm sure that boy came with his parents right (where were the parents?).
It was even more disturbing to see well-educated kids (or worse still, adults) leaning on the glass panels like nobody's business. I bet they can read better than children right? All these got me a little bit angry and I had to gently remind three people to show more appreciation towards the exhibits by being gentle towards them... -_-
And I overheard a young woman saying, "Oh man... his balls are just hanging there in public! Isn't that embarrassing?" And that was said right in front of the exhibit. I think she should have been embarrassed for what she has said. Utter disrespect for the deceased. And when I looked at her, I could detect no single sign of remorsefulness. What a shame.
No doubt the exhibition is very educational and I think almost everyone would benefit from such an exposure, I just wonder if things would have been better if there were to be adults around or more staff around to give gentle reminders for all to protect the hard work behind the whole exhibition and the dignity of the deceased.
A super interesting fact I learned today: According to the mammals' cycle of life, mammals' lifespans are usually connected to their physical sizes, for instance, an elephant or giraffe might be able to live up to 80 yrs old, but a mouse can maybe only live up to 4 yrs. With this in mind, looking at the size of an average human body, we can BY RIGHT only live up to 25 years!!!
For those who are older than 25 and you're complaining about life- get a life, man. You should be thankful for what you have now and for your future. The average human lifespan is so much longer than expected, we should treasure every moment of it!
Viva la vida! :)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen