Dienstag, Februar 03, 2009

Bread and butter #239 (Spongy me and my inspiring toilet trip.)

Hate to admit this, but I was in a miserable mood from morning till about late afternoon- couldn't really finish work the way I wanted to. 5 minutes before I met BT to discuss about our Lovables, I went to the toilet and started thinking about things that I need to think about:

♣ ideas for my primary school groupwork
♣ something that I wanted to raise during my discussion, which I conveniently forgot -_-
♣ a metaphor which is empowering for myself, so that I can snap out of my mini depression

I didn't think of brilliant ideas in the toilet of course (can't be that fast), but I thought of how I might be able to link my programme to my primary school groupwork. I recalled what I wanted to tell BT, and also thought of a metaphor to describe myself and some reasons why I chose it.

Looks like my toilet break is pretty efficient eh?

Thanks BT for offering a listening ear, and thanks JO for the short chat that we had on our way to lunch. Sometimes, all I need is just a comforting pat or simply a willing ear (may not be even listening) to make my day better. Afterall, I don't whine for no reason, and I don't get upset for no reason.

I'm going to strive to be a sponge- even though easily squashed, I'll always be able to make a comeback (sponge will go back to its original shape somehow). I'll absorb both positive or negative feedback-perhaps squeeze out the negative ones because they'll do me more harm than benefit. I'll absorb as much knowledge as I can, and I'll try to drain out the wrong information. I'll absorb all the positive energy, and drain out the negative. I can choose what I want to retain, and what I want to let go. I have potential, and I have control!

I must get back into shape. Jiayou, Cindy Koh! 你行的!