Theresa and Peiyi posing in front of the stage, which was nicely done up.
Where I was working at... the entrance. I was supposed to be ushering the guests. Julie was great company, hehe.
This is the first big event that I attended as an official staff of SCS, and I consider it as the most interesting big event so far.
Firstly, Shang May was awarded the long service award. I did not even know that there would be awards given out until the day itself! And there were two award categories: three or five years of long service award, and Shang May got the five years award! Cool!
Here's Shang May on stage, receiving the 5 years long service award.
As you can see, Shang May kept shaking, perhaps due to high level of excitment.
Cheers to volunteerism! I haven't been in much contact with the volunteers yet, but I believe you all have been of much help to us, the Social Workers. Just imagining carrying out Guidance Programme Family Day or Children's Programme without volunteers is plain madness.
Proud to say that Shang May was game enough to be the model of Project Runaway, a game planned by my dear colleague. Very enthusiastic volunteer indeed. You go, girl!
Other volunteers. The guy in the middle actually posed for me!
Secondly, I had a very pleasant surprise. I actually got to meet an old school mate, who is now a volunteer in another centre! I couldn't really recognise him in the first place. So glad that he actually made the effort to come forward and say hi. Some other people would have just pretended that they did not see familiar people and just move on. We had a small chat for quite a while without knowing each other's names, gosh, until his friend asked if he knew my name and then, we embarrassingly asked for each other's names. It is really great to find another person with similar interests. Earnestly hoping that more people will join the field.
My school-mate won the Best Dressed Volunteer Award.
Proud papa showing off his baby, who won the Most "Power" Volunteer Award. Nobody probably remembers this, but I must still say... The name of this award came from me! :P
The place was having some technical errors, and the background music for the powerpoint slides could not come out. Boo. It was created specially by Chris, and I can still recall Diana singing to the tune of it. It was really memorable, but anyway, classical music was played in the background, and it created a different mood. A little emotional, but it just sounded weird.
Credits must be given to Chris (left) for the sashes, and Diana (right) for the crowns made for Project Runaway. And lastly, to Tremandy for her hard work in coordinating almost everything for this big event. Anyway, Chris is like Sharon, she always give me the tsk face when I take photos, hahaha...
From top left corner, Tremandy, Christine, Theresa, Puay San, me, Peiyi, Seng Meng and Diana.
Look at Seng Meng! NO FLOWER LOR! Boo him.
As a newbie, sorry if I caused a lot of trouble. Really glad to have you girls and guy around.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen