Donnerstag, Mai 10, 2007

Vivo with Jane and failed attempt at purchasing german movie tickets.

Was out this afternoon to catch up with Jane, who just came back from Canada and a short holiday in New York. She bought me these: Maple nougats with a lipbalm inside, haha. The maple syrup makes the nougats taste special! Yum!It was a hot hot day, but the view from Vivo to Sentosa is pretty!Thanks to Teng Wen, we girls managed to take a photo together. I was posing in an old-fashioned manner. Kill me.Anyway, we went Vivo and patronised a restaurant. The service was like shit, and TO THINK WE PAID 10% SERVICE CHARGE. We sat at an ulu corner, which was almost similar to the kind of seating position when I went Thai Express with Sharon long time ago. We cannot really see the waiters and waitresses, but at least we know they'll walk by from time to time, to check if we need anything. I still remember that the Thai Express waiter kept coming back to refill our ice water.

Yes, the position where we sat was (and will always be) a blind spot. But I thought it's fine, since there are mirrors around. So I naively thought that they would look out for any reactions from the mirror. But they didn't. I waved, they ignored. Either that, or they are slacking full-time behind the counter.

Service charge includes the initiative of asking for orders, right? Jane had to go all the way to the counter to make our food orders and I had to go all the way to the counter too to make our drink orders. This is what they call "service". And not that I am stingy or what (I think I am), they don't offer ice water! What the hell. That's like super basic service can. Utterly disappointed. To know the restaurant, please ask me personally.

To think I patronised the restaurant just because of pure convenience. BOO.

I think today's not my day. We were supposed to meet Joan to purchase tickets to Ein Freund Von Mir (A Friend of Mine), a german film under European Film Festival. But it was SOLD OUT! Horrible. It's equivalent to us (me, Jane, Joan, Shawn and Teng Wen) going Vivo for nothing. (By presenting out NUS matriculation cards, we can enjoy $1 discount. Yeah lah, we're cheapo students, can.) Utter sadness and disappointment. I'm praying that I can at least watch one german movie in the coming German Film Festival.

Or eat spargels at least. It's the spargels season leh. SPARGELS!!!

Keine Kommentare: