I was trying to burn some excess fat in the pool when suddenly approached by a middle-aged man.
XX: 这里几点关?
Me: Huh? (Felt like giving the tsk face because my burning-fats time was disturbed but responded because I have basic courtesy)
XX: Here what time close? (Broken English -_-)
Me: 9pm. (Said in a rush and turned away immediately)
*Silence*
XX: You working?
Me: No. (Turned away again)
XX: Schooling?
Me: Yes.
XX: Where?
Me: National University of Singapore (Said very quickly)
XX: Har?
Me: National University of Singapore (Said slowly)
XX: Oh I have a friend studying there too!
Me: Oh... (Like I care~)
*Silence*
XX: So you need to do industrial attachment right?
Me: Erm, I did an attachment but it's not an industrial attachment.
XX: Then what is it?
Me: Social Work.
XX: Har? (I doubt he knows what is Social Work)
Me: *ignores*
Basically I am pretty okay with strangers asking me which school I am in and what faculty I belong to. So I replied him all because I have basic courtesy... until...
XX: So, are you troubled?
Me: Huh?! (I am a very happy girl. Ah-doh!)
XX: Or is it you are very quiet?
Me: I don't usually talk to strangers.
I thought he would be turned off by my last (rude) line but apparently, he was quite persistent.
XX: Can make friends?
By then, I was pretty irritated. Firstly, you deduced that I am a troubled girl. On what grounds can you deduce that I am a troubled girl? And in any case, even if I am a troubled girl, it's non of your business.
Secondly, you kept disturbing my burning-fats time. As I have too much fats to burn, my burning-fats time is precious. Simple as that.
And now, I am in a foul mood. I was thinking, if I said okay, the man would probably ask for my number and say stuff like "keep in touch" or something of those lines. What would I do if he keeps calling my number and starts stalking me?
In any case, even though I am not good in both Mathematics and Science, I am not stupid. I did not and will not give a stranger my number.
So, I replied...
Me: I don't think it's necessary.
*Silence*
*Silence*
*Silence*
XX: So do you live near here?
Me: NO.
XX: Do you come here frequently?
Me: NO.
XX: I have to go now. I hope to see you again. Now we did not make friends but I hope to see you again.
Yeee. I am sorry but who wants to see you again?
At times of these, every girl will definitely wish to have a boyfriend, who'll think of a creative way to insult the man and save his girlfriend from this totally weird situation.
Oh well, this only happens in fairytales. Where are all the good men when we need them?
8 Kommentare:
ya lor..i was thinking of blogging abt this lor. where are the good guys! all taken or gay?! :(
oh no..i think all the good guys were not being actively ordered to be produced since centuries ago..
so its low in number now..
- melisa
Y got such weird peh-peh one?!!! U still got a lot of patience to answer his questions leh. I would have just walked away politely after some exchanges.
I thot he would be asking u "do u want to come to my ________?" (sensitive, ask me when u see me)
i tot he will jus ask a few qns.. i din noe that he will ask more and more.. and i sort of gave weird faces when i turned away and another old ah-peh saw my weird faces.. oh well...
actually i dun think all good guys are all taken or gay lah.. just that they might not be "activated"?? haha..
Erm, dun lose hope! the right guy will come in time to come..
hahaha... next time come my place to swim ba... can swim tog also...
woman, u live so far away. i would have withered by the time i reach your house... -_-'' will consider going to ur house during sem break tho! haha..
haha this is hilarious...u met a guai bei bei! eeks! lucky he did not try any hanky panky ah
-honey bunny
Hi auntie cindy,
mum says please tell that uncle to go and fly kite. picking up people at the pool is very very not-trendy.
If you do see the man again though, me and party hope you can help us tell that or-bit uncle "Booo, loser, go away."
Wiry loves,
Mango and Party
Kommentar veröffentlichen