Montag, Juni 19, 2006

I have this thing about...

people who talk too much.

Having an easily provokable personality, I get angry or irritated easily. Sometimes my mind is in a whole big mess such that I really feel like shutting myself down. Yes, in a total SHUT DOWN mode.

I remember during JC, I met this girl who was damn talkative that I feel like throwing an apple down her throat so that she can hopefully stop talking and give me some peace. I ate lunch with her one day in school and I feel like dying. School is already suffocating me and having a person rambling into my ear was not very helpful to my emotions. From that day onwards, I avoided her totally.

I do not mean that I am not talkative. I admit that there are times when I get very chatty. For your information, I was nicknamed chatterbox when I was in Primary School. But I know when to stop. When people give me the oh-will-you-please-shut-up look, I'll just shut up. I don't force people to listen to me.

Perhaps it's my family culture which forced me to be like that. My mum hates people who are talkative too.

Of course, if you talk constructively, it's pretty okay with me. But if you keep rambling and rambling on, I will get irritated. If conditions allow, I will walk away because I want to keep my ears away from all the jargon and rubbish that anyone wants to throw to me.

Please do not take your listeners for granted.

Keine Kommentare: