Freitag, Mai 05, 2006

Fed up.

This shall be the last time I am going to complain about this issue. I shall put this issue behind and move on with life. I am sure there are better things for me to talk and think about. All these thoughts have been bugging me for the past few years. I want to exterminate all of them.

Some people just like to be so last minute. Well, I am a freaking well-prepared person so I hate to be so last minute. Centuries ago, somebody messaged me about a gathering which requires a proper venue (private and sheltered) due to the activity we're going to engage in. No venue and time were stated. And when it's stated (a day before the gathering), its in vague terms. I admit I felt like slapping them.

Another gathering was supposed to be held on that similar damn day. No venue, no time. So meet where? Up in the sky ah? Are we meeting online or are we just going to walk around the streets and pray that we meet each other somehow.

I find it quite amazing that they can actually do this. Decide time and venue of gathering a day before the gathering. Perhaps I am overly concerned.

I find it worse when people are not even concerned. I tried to persuade a friend to come. She insisted that it's very sian. Alright. Place your butt at home then. Come on la, we're old friends. Meeting up for dinner won't kill you. I find it quite amazing how some people can forgo all these old friendships. Don't say it's boliao or boring or sian. You think the organizers felt very excited when organizing? You think the organizers are too free? What do you think when you are the organizer and there's people who keep throwing some cold water at you?

Another bad scenario is when people have too many questions. People like to ask, "Who's going?" HOW I KNOW? You should go and find out for yourself! If you're so concern, ask yourself la. You think the organisers got free 1000 sms-es is it? Even so, typing sms-es and replying them sucks. (Especially when everyone asks the same question)

Some people still don't understand the rationale behind a gathering. A gathering is a time when friends catch up with each other somewhere, be it coffeeshop, old school compound, foodcourt, Macdonald's restaurant, etc. (And yes, it must be decided before hand unless you and your friends are damn close.) No need to care about past ties or possible future ties. No need to care about who's going or not. No need to care about the money spent (At most, you don't spend lor. Drink plain water la!). You can do anything with your friends. Sing KTV, drink kopi, go sit by Singapore River. No need to care if the activity is exciting enough. If it's not exciting enough, then go organise yourself. Don't complain.

Some people die also won't turn up in gatherings. Some are worse. They say they'll meet up some time soon and their some time soon is like ages? You never get to see them. Perhaps you will only get to see them on the day when you lie in your coffin. At the beginning, I thought it's probably just sway that they couldn't join us. But later on, I start to put blame on them and think that they're probably cooking up some excuses just to not meet me. I give up easily on people when they let me down. Afterall most people give up easily when their efforts are not realised.

Another factor which sort of disturbs me is when people are picky about food.

Take a look at this:

The photo in the mail is the Pulitzer Prize-winning photo taken in 1994 during the Sudan famine. The photo depicts a famine stricken child crawling towards an United Nations food camp, located a kilometer away.

The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat it. The picture shocked the whole world. No one knows what happened to the child, including the photographer Kevin Carter who left the place as soon as the photograph was taken.

Three months later he committed suicide due to depression.

Alright, maybe this picture doesn't really show how I feel but, I hate it when people are picky. For example, he or she doesn't eat a certain kind of vegetable and thus, we have to accomodate to him or her. I got plenty of such examples.
.
.

And bear in mind that for both gatherings, I am not the organiser. I am not siding with the organizers or the people invited. For both gatherings, I am just a passive sponge which absorbs everything that is thrown at me. And sorry, I am very irriated with the above scenarios.

Don't try to reason out with me. Instead, reflect. I think there's something for us to learn here.